Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks

As Thanksgiving is quickly approaching I have been procrastinating with my holiday project for this month. This past weekend gave me a little inspiration to get this post done. 

I put together a quick "give thanks" sign. I had the two chip boards for a book I never gotten around to. I set up my layout first to get an idea of how it would look.



I used mod podge to get a glossy look for the printed paper I used as the background. The cardboard letters were spray painted with a soft cream color. Once those steps were done I hot glue gunned the letters and embellished as shown using ribbon, buttons, flowers, metal letters, jewels, etc. 

_______________________________________

My mom and I went this past Saturday to volunteer for Operation Support Our Troops Northwest. This Christmas pack out had over 150 volunteers and we stuffed over 3,200 stockings to be sent out to troops to arrive in time for Christmas. The pack out was featured on our local news channel here  is the short video clip.



Home of the Free Because of the Brave...
God Bless Our Troops.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment