Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree(s)!

Wow! Christmas tree cones are EVERYWHERE! I have seen so many different styles this year of these trees... using twine, gumdrops, ribbon, feathers, pearls, flowers, buttons, etc. 
Mine are simple and a bit less complicated... I just used speciality paper (and by special I mean expensive!) You can't really see it in the pictures but the print of the paper is textured. I used three different sized styrofoam cones and cut strips of paper 1 inch wide by 1 1/2 inch in length, used "pinking"scissors at the end of each strip and used hot glue to adhere the strips starting from the base up. 
*(to get the paper to flip I slightly curled them using a pen.)


Embellishments were simple... flowers, buttons, and rhinestones. I used flower wire to attach the embellishment at the top of each tree. This picture shows a better detailed view of why I used the pinking scissors. 

The large tree used two pieces of 12x12 paper, and the two smaller trees used one 12x12 each


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEE them! So adorable and creative. Job well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! I love papercrafts! I would be thrilled if you stopped by my Commercial Break Thursday at http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/ and linked this project!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete