Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy March!

Luck O' The Irish
Wow this year is FLYING by! I was inspired to make something quick and easy to spice up my place this month! A couple of summers ago I took a trip to Europe and was fortunate enough to make a stop in Dublin. What a beautiful place! I saw this Irish Blessing numerous times while touring the city, and figured it was perfect to decorate my place for St. Patrick's Day.



It was really easy to make, just painted an old frame that I had green and used some extra scrap paper (and a paper bag) for some texture. I LOVE the font I used (except for my printer is low on black ink, so I had to go over it with permanent marker

One of my girlfriends birthday's is on the 17th (shout out to Meggie!) so maybe I can put a picture from her birthday in here and keep it up year round?

Some pictures from my trip!



Whitney, Me, and Jamie at the Guinness Brewery.



My own version of an Irish Car Bomb. Apparently they don't make them there? Heh, heh...heh. :)



We hiked to the top of Killiney. I looooove how green it is! (P.S.-Green is my favorite color!)

Cute!

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the blessing-and the frame! Where did you put it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo! i love it! thanks for the shout out girlfriend ;) i think a bday picture is just the ticket! haha i love the clover, you are such clever crafter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess-The Irish Blessing is so near and dear to my heart being a McCalla. Hubby and I had this posted on one of our guest tables at our wedding...ohhhh, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't decided yet, still sitting on my windowsill, and to be honest... doesn't look too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for Dublin....what an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Your blog is too cute...thanks fot the invite.

    I love the irish blessing you framed...what a great idea for chic St. Patty's decor.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! And simple too. Love the frame.
    Enjoyed your vacation pics.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete